• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#121 gektek

gektek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 15:39 PM

I feel extremely embarrassed but I simply cannot get your app to work. The install process seems to happen with no issue. I load the app via the desktop icon. Then...I'm not sure what is supposed to happen but this is what I see... A tiny little box with a Twitch icon and what I believe is a Hitbox icon. Both with zeros on them. ...and that's it! :( I feel as there is supposed to be a lot more showing up but there just isn't. Not sure if I can include an attachment as a new forum user but I will attempt it. I am running on Windows 10. Not sure what other information to share. Please assist. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• NbZOE.jpg

#122 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 08 January 2016 - 15:55 PM

Hi, could you please try to delete settings file Documents\Ubiquitous2\Default.settings and run it again?

#123 gektek

gektek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 16:01 PM

Hi, could you please try to delete settings file Documents\Ubiquitous2\Default.settings and run it again?

Interesting...worked perfectly! Thanks much! Next question...after browsing through your forum I see you ARE the ReStream.io chat app. I am actually here because the ReStream.io chat app was doing the same thing but the support from them was not nearly as straight forward. LONG story short...should I use your app or the ReStream.io app? ...and will the "delete the settings file" trick work for that app as well if that is the one I should be using instead? Thank you SO much for your time!!! :D 

#124 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 08 January 2016 - 17:46 PM

RestreamChat is in higher priority for me now. Though it still missing some features implemented in UB2.

It's settings file is located under Documents\RestreamChat\Default.settings

#125 gektek

gektek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 00:58 AM

Ty ty. Was able to delete settings and I can use ReStream perfectly. I do have some issues with it I would like to discuss. Where should I post about that? Is there a spot on this forum or somewhere else I should direct ReStream questions? Thanks much!!! :D

#126 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

There no support forum for RestreamChat yet. So you can ask questions here until it will be created.

• gektek likes this

#127 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 21:06 PM

So you're also making Restream? I like it but I can't type into it.

I made a post on OBS about how Youtube chat will not show on UB2, I can type into it and it shows on youtube itself but the program doesn't pick up any youtube chat.

#128 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 12 January 2016 - 13:51 PM

What is your channel on the YT and what service do you use on the Restream (API/Stream now/Gaming) ?

#129 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:40 AM

I stopped using Restream because you can't type into it. That was sort of the dealbreaker for me.

Testing it now though, Twitch and Hitbox work excellently in both but Youtube will not display in either.

Restream I'm using Youtube Stream Now and UB2 I'm using http://puu.sh/mtEqJ/8dff41b419.png and yes I did the OAuth Login and my browser said it was all good.

#130 d33pm4n

d33pm4n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 22:52 PM

Hi,

Got few things to report :)

Bugs:

1. Hitbox chat sometimes skips messages. Don't know if it's done by lost packet or high CPU usage but seems like connection/API related thing.

2. Whispers on Beam.pro are shown via CLR browser - I think they shouldn't :)

One thing lost during updates:

Somewhere in october patch &timeout option stopeed working in CLR browser plugin. I've tested that by rolling back upgrade then. However didn't report it in hope it'll be back ;) Now I can't specify exact update :( My bad.

Apart from these three: Excellent work! Keep it up :)

Cheers,

d33p

#131 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

Hi, 

I'll check Hitbox. Theoretically it could be something in disconnect handler (history doesn't load).

Whispers are sent to both GUI and Web by design. I can make it optional (url option).

After october patch timeout works in conjuction with outeffect only: http://www.xedocproj...ui-url-options/

#132 alexmist

alexmist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 15:37 PM

Hello. Thank you for good chat. Does it have ignore list (with feature of editing it) ? For me this is very important. If chat does not have it, please add

#133 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 20 February 2016 - 17:22 PM

Yes, please check Dashboard->Permissions. 

#134 tsunami2069

tsunami2069

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hello codex....

I posted this same post on the OBS forums but there has been no reply, so i thought about posting it also here and hope for some reply.

here it goes:

Hello codex.

for reasons of bigger nature, i stopped streaming for a few months.
Now im back at it but i've stumbled upon a problem which is my Hitbox chat isn't beeing picked up by UB2.

I've search other comments in this forum and tried all the different things suggested (logging out of hitbox, restarting the service on UB2, checking for case sensitive on the channel name in the UB2 hitbox configuration, etc.) and nothing seems to made it work.

could you plz check out what could be causing this?

For now, i'll keep UB2 running for the web server chat (which i use as a chat display on the stream) but i'll switch to ReStreamChat on my monitors so i can read both the chats.

Thanks a lot.. keep up the great work.

Also, i'll add that ubiquitous2, some times, not always, crashes... the webserver keeps working and picking up the chat lines but the actual ubiquitous2 main chat window is frozen / locked.

Thanks for any reply.

Cya around.

#135 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

Hi,

Restream chat will replace UB2 soon. Reply option and web server will be added soon.

Hitbox doesn't work without login and password currently. 

Crash log is normaly saved in the Documents\Ubiquitous2\crashlog.txt

Main window freeze could be caused by OBS plugin. By some reason it doesn't work with code obfuscation well.

I would recommend to capture the chat with CLR Browser.

#136 tsunami2069

tsunami2069

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 15:20 PM

Yo Codex...

Thanks for the reply...

So am i safe to believe that you are discontinuing UB2 completely?
If so, i think i'll stop using it for now because, like i said, im only using it to have a source of chat to send to the stream (and I AM using CLR browser to do it).

I'll get my chat into the stream with TwitchAlerts Chatbox and use ReStream chat to read them (both twitch and hitbox).

On another note, can i start making Hitbox working on UB2 by inputing the username and password of my hitbox account on the UB2 hitbox configuration?

If so, i might consider using UB2 for a little while longer so i can have both chats on the stream.

At least, until reStream has a web server or other source for CLR Browser or way to input to the stream.

As for the crash logs, I can confirm but i think i already checked and there aren't any.

I would also like to ask you if you have a forum or github or something where i can keep track of the ReStream development and changes?

Cause i think you're doing a great work with Restream chat, looking really good and clean.

Keep it up m8.

Cheers.

#137 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 24 February 2016 - 15:44 PM

Yes I will focus on RestreamChat instead.

Hitbox should work with valid account/password. You can register secondary account and enter your primary channel in settings

Hm, if there no crashlogs than it wasn't crash. In RestreamChat it shouldn't freeze. And I plan to go further and change the way of displaying chat messages.

Right now there no any special forum but you can leave your feedback here. 

#138 tsunami2069

tsunami2069

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 15:51 PM

Thanks for your reply once again.

Like i said, i dont think its really a crash. The webserver continues to work normally  :)

Its just the main windows (chat and list of viewers) that stops working and/or gets frozen. I have to close the window or force it to stop via task manager.

Since the project itself (UB2) is pretty much discontinued, i will stop using it.

Like i said, i can get chat into the stream via TwitchAlerts chat box until restream chat has a similar feature.

ReStream chat has given me NO issues whatsoever. Like i said, much cleaner and polished software, working really well so far.

Keep up the great work.

#139 EpicStreamMan

EpicStreamMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 17:39 PM

I see you're focusing on RestreamChat from now on. Makes sense. I can't really use it yet because it's too limited but I look forward to what you do with it in the future to make it more like UB2 and beyond. My man issue currently though is that I use a different Multistreaming provider (Joicaster.co), so will there be a way to use the RestreamChat app with out using the Restream Service in the future?

Also I've seen a lot of streamers starting to use Discord Chat/Voice tool while streaming. I just started using it myself and really dig it. It would be awesome to get Discord Chat support added to your RestreamChat. With Discord you create a chat/voice server and you can setup chat and voice for people to join. It would be cool if your RestreamChat could pull in the chat from what ever server/room you point it too. Here is some info on their API. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for all that you do ;c)

https://blog.discord...ficially-begun/

Also Any plans on adding support for BetterTTV and FrankerFaceZ emoticons? Here is their links...
https://manage.betterttv.net
https://www.frankerfacez.com
They're very popular now with Twitch.tv

Thank you for all your hard work ;c)

#140 tsunami2069

tsunami2069

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 00:25 AM

My man issue currently though is that I use a different Multistreaming provider (Joicaster.co), so will there be a way to use the RestreamChat app with out using the Restream Service in the future?

I'll let Codex confirm that one but, as far as i know, u don't have to be streaming to restream to use RestreamChat...

U can stream to wherever u want and still open and use RestreamChat to read chat from multiple sources like Twitch and Hitbox.

All i think u need to use RestreamChat is a restream account but, like i said, you don't have to be streaming to Restream.

Also, Codex, bro, i just saw the latest update and restream just got A LOT better than it already was.

Thanks for the wonderful web server option and for the reply feature.

It's working like a charm, both of them.

Im glad i can have a web server page to capture both chats to OBS (was using Twitch Alerts chat box.. great but can't do hitbox and also, whenever i changed scenes on OBS, i would loose previous chat lines).

And also really good to be able to read and reply to one of them or all of the services im streaming too.

*claps* great great work, keep it up m8.

Thanks and cheers.

• EpicStreamMan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users