• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shufunk

shufunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:28 AM

This is really annoying. I saw the update today and added my dailymotion to the list but it keeps on defaulting to a channel that is not mine.

https://youtu.be/i3PjP-MEZWA

#2 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 10 November 2015 - 14:51 PM

Thats how it meant to work. 

It automaticall put your channel id(s) there instead of specified user name. You can have multiple channels under single user name on the dailymotion and it will fill them all automatically. 

Just test it. It should work ;)

#3 shufunk

shufunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 15:12 PM

to me it feels like you never watched the video. It clearly shows that it keeps defaulting to the channel x3d5fdf and that channel is listed before you put any credentials in that spot even if i were to do a fresh reinstall. Yes in the video is may show it saved it to shufunk but when i clicked restart it shows i am in the x3d5fdf channel. when i restart the app and reopened it the credentials i put in before are now gone and just shows x3d5fdf still

#4 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 10 November 2015 - 15:34 PM

BJaxeVw.png

#5 shufunk

shufunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 19:14 PM

ok but a new person using ubiquitos would not know that! hell i didn't even bother to test to see if it even work. Why would dailymotion's API do that? If there is no way around it pointing to what seems like a wrong room maybe add a disclaimer in the setup part of dailymotion where it states "it will automatically point to your channel even though it may not look like your channel name"

#6 xedoc

xedoc

Developer

• Administrators
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationKiev, Ukraine

Posted 10 November 2015 - 20:38 PM

Well dailymotion is doing it because single user can have multiple channels. Same with Youtube where you get hashed channel name or videoid instead of human readable.

But you right I'll add it in description under channels field ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users